The mission of the Methow Valley Citizens Council is to raise a strong community voice for protection of the Methow Valley’s natural environment and rural character.
WHAT WE DO:
- EDUCATE the public and decision makers on key environmental and land use issues that define the character of the Methow Valley.
- ENGAGE citizen participation so our collective voice is heard.
- ADVOCATE and, when necessary, use legal tools to ensure that environmental laws and regulations are followed.
OUR CORE VALUES:
- MVCC empowers a community voice through our core values, engaging citizens and tenaciously advocating for a shared vision of place.
- MVCC recognizes the importance of maintaining the integrity and interdependence of natural systems, recognizing the critically important coexistence of watersheds, wildlife populations, ecosystems, airsheds and human communities.
- MVCC honors diverse viewpoints through listening to others, embracing different perspectives, allowing for disagreement and transcending polarity.
- MVCC values the utmost integrity, and is constantly striving toward the highest degree of competence, accuracy, accountability, and honesty.